Thursday, August 6, 2009

Important Tournament Information

I am sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I have been out of town for a while and busy with a lot of other things. It is now time for me to get back to fishing! There are a couple of important things that I need to let the club know:

#1 Due to high water conditions and membership requests, our next tournament (currently scheduled for Hurricane) has been changed to the White River at Jacksonport. We will leave from the Mary Woods at 5:30 on August 15th. Please try to be there around 5:00. We will all launch from the Mary Woods and fishing any adjoining water will be acceptable as long as the club rules are followed.

#2 Congratulations to Kenneth Haney and Danny Shedd! They won the White River-North tournament last weekend with 6.95 lbs. It sounds like the tournament went pretty well with a decent crowd and numerous fish weighed. Congrats also goes to Ron Snyder and Craig Anselmi for taking second place at 6.68 lbs. and to Michael Bruner and T. Li (hope I spelled that correctly) for third at 6.53 lbs. The Big Bass was caught by John Reed and Brad Robertson (2.75 lbs).

#3 I will try to get the AOY standings updated pretty soon.

#4 I know our schedule is over after September 19th (classic), but I have considered just having random tournaments during the late fall and just wonder what people think about that. I thought we could just watch the weather and plan a tournament a few days in advance if people are interested. I know many of our members deer hunt, but quite a few don't. I personally love to fish in October and November and know that others do to. It is just a thought, so if you have any thoughts about that, please feel free to call and let me know what you think. (870-512-9400).

Thanks
BK

No comments: